- Climbing: Marangu route 6-day climb
- Safari: Tarangire, Lake Manyara and Ngorongoro 3-day safari
Arrival date: 08.04.2017
Departure date: 18.04.2017
Climbing start: 09.04.2017
Climbing finish: 14.04.2017
Safari start: 15.04.2017
Safari finish: 17.04.2017
Marangu (Coca-Cola) is the most popular route on Kilimanjaro. It is also the only route that is equipped with sleeping huts, which is quite a useful feature, especially at rainy season. The itineraries vary from 5 to 7 days. The fastest hike is a good option for those who have already been acclimatized before – that will let you reach the peak within the short period. The longer hike is good for the beginners who decided to climb Kilimanjaro. Extra days for high altitude acclimatization are always good for the organism to adapt well. Thus, you won’t feel any discomfort while climbing, especially if you follow the guides’ recommendations. Altezza Travel team recommends Marangu for beginners and for those who appreciate comfortable conditions.
SAFARI IN NATIONAL PARKS: TARANGIRE, LAKE MANYARA AND NGORONGORO CRATER
This is a three-day safari program in the nearest national parks of Tanzania. It includes absolutely dissimilar nature reserves and traveling there you most likely will see not only all members of the Big Five of Africa: elephant, buffalo, leopard, rhino and lion but also rare species of felidae such as caracals and servals, including. You are to visit Lake Manyara with pink flamingos, Tarangire Park with its predators and, of course, the Ngorongoro Crater, included in a UNESCO and containing a large number of lion prides and rhinos!
Tour price includes (climbing):
- Meeting at Kilimanjaro International Airport;
- Transfer to the hotel — Altezza Lodge in Moshi*;
- Accommodation prior to the climb (including breakfast; sharing a twin room);
- Transfer to the trail head;
- Professional mountain crew. All guides have "Wilderness First Responder" and "Wilderness First Aid" certificates, along with over 7 years of experience in climbing. Each participant will be provided with a porter (who can carry up to 15 kg of personal baggage);
- Kilimanjaro National Park permits;
- Kilimanjaro National Park rescue fees;
- Camping/hut fees;
- 3 square meals daily. The menu includes different soups, garnishes, several types of fish and meat, fresh fruit and vegetables; vegetarian options are available upon request;
- Modern The North Face VE-25 tents**;
- Oxygen systems and pulse oximeters;
- First aid kit;
- Warm and comfortable sleeping pads (2 inches thick);
- Group equipment (dining tent, table, chairs, crockery and cutlery);
- Meeting the group at the National Park exit and transfer to the hotel;
- Accommodation after the climb (including breakfast; sharing a twin room);
- International certificates for a successful ascent;
- Return transfer to Kilimanjaro airport.
* Basic tour package price includes sharing a twin room. If you need a single bed accommodation only, you should contact a manager a minimum of 2 weeks prior to the start of the tour.
** During the climb you will share a tent with 1-2 other climbers, depending on the number of participants. If you need an individual tent, please, contact our manager. Single accommodation at sleeping huts on Marangu is impossible.
Tour price excludes (climbing):
- Airline tickets;
- Visa fee;
- Lunch and dinner at the hotel (before and after the ascent);
- Personal gear rentals;
- Tips for the mountain crew (200–250 USD per person);
- Mountaineering insurance.
Tour price includes (Safari):
- Pick-up at Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO);
- Transfer to a hotel in Arusha and back to airport;
- Accommodation before and after safari (double rooms, breakfast included);
- New SUV (2014-2015) Land Cruiser 4x4 with pop-up roof;
- Experienced English-speaking safari guide;
- 24/7 phone support;
- All park fees;
- All accommodation under your program;
- Three meals per day on safari;
- Bottled water and soft drinks throughout the tour;
- Thermos with hot tea/coffee;
- Medical kit;
- Binocular (1 per SUV);
- Wet wipes.
Tour price excludes (Safari):
- Air tickets;
- Visa fee;
- Lunch and dinner in hotel (only before and after safari);
- Tips to your safari guide ($30-50 per day per car).
Professional “First Responder” GuidesAll our guides are certified as “Wilderness First Responder” or “Wilderness First Aid” and have 7+ years of successful climbing experience.
and equipmentWe use only modern outfit and equipment from The North Face and Black Diamond in our Kilimanjaro expeditions. These brands were successfully tested in harsh Himalayan and Arctic environments.
connectionTo ensure 100% safety of our groups we use Iridium 9575 satellite phone with coverage at any point of Kilimanjaro.
fleetNew SUVs Land Cruisers (made in 2014-2016) equipped with refrigerators, chargers, comfortable seats, and GPS trackers.
hotels and lodgesAll night stops under our programs are in reliable lodges known for their high quality standards. Comfort and gratification of the guests are top priorities of all our hospitality partners.
Professional safari-guidesOur safari-guides know every nook and cranny of the National Parks. They will find the rarest animals the rarest animals, and you will make awesome photos!
OTHER GROUPS TO JOIN
Join the group
Kilimanjaro climb: Umbwe route (6 days)May 25 - June 01, 2017$1806
Join the group
Safari: Tarangire and Ngorongoro (2 days)May 31 - June 03, 2017$888
Join the group
Kilimanjaro climb: Rongai route (6 days)June 04 - June 11, 2017$1869
Join the group
Kilimanjaro climb: Machame route (7 days) | Safari: Tarangire and Ngorongoro (2 days)June 13 - June 23, 2017$2947 Discount 3%