- Climbing: Lemosho route 6-day climb
- Safari: Tarangire and Ngorongoro 2-day safari
Arrival date: 01.05.2017
Departure date: 10.05.2017
Climbing start: 02.05.2017
Climbing finish: 07.05.2017
Safari start: 08.05.2017
Safari finish: 09.05.2017
Climbing Kilimanjaro via Lemosho route is a premium class trekking. Going through different climate zones – starts from the heath and moorland, passes across alpine meadow and finishes at arctic zone near Uhuru Peak – it is considered to be the most scenery route on Kilimanjaro. The descend from the top passes through rainforests. Moreover, due to good high-altitude acclimatization that you get, the chances to reach Uhuru Peak (5895 m) are the highest even for the beginners. Thus, Lemosho has the highest summit success rate and has a lead as our best route that we offer. Altezza Travel recommends this trail for those who are ready to pay some extra for high-altitude drop off by a vehicle, picturesque sceneries and successful summiting.
SAFARI IN NATIONAL PARKS: TARANGIRE AND NGORONGORO CRATER
Short two-day program which will impress fans of both wild animals (lions, rhinos, wildebeests, hippos and so forth), as well as the most beautiful landscapes because it includes the Ngorongoro reservation which can be compared to a few places on our planet. Tarangire National Park which is called "Small Serengeti" perfectly complements this program. With all the richness of the tour it takes only a couple of days, so the popularity of this version of safari is quite justified. If you want to see the maximum number of animals for the minimum time, then this tour is for you.
Tour price includes (climbing):
- Meeting at Kilimanjaro International Airport;
- Transfer to the hotel — Altezza Lodge in Moshi*;
- Accommodation prior to the climb (including breakfast; sharing a twin room);
- Transfer to the trail head;
- Professional mountain crew. All guides have "Wilderness First Responder" and "Wilderness First Aid" certificates, along with over 7 years of experience in climbing. Each participant will be provided with a porter (who can carry up to 15 kg of personal baggage);
- Kilimanjaro National Park permits;
- Kilimanjaro National Park rescue fees;
- Camping/hut fees;
- 3 square meals daily. The menu includes different soups, garnishes, several types of fish and meat, fresh fruit and vegetables; vegetarian options are available upon request;
- Modern The North Face VE-25 tents**;
- Oxygen systems and pulse oximeters;
- First aid kit;
- Warm and comfortable sleeping pads (2 inches thick);
- Group equipment (dining tent, table, chairs, crockery and cutlery);
- Meeting the group at the National Park exit and transfer to the hotel;
- Accommodation after the climb (including breakfast; sharing a twin room);
- International certificates for a successful ascent;
- Return transfer to Kilimanjaro airport.
* Basic tour package price includes sharing a twin room. If you need a single bed accommodation only, you should contact a manager a minimum of 2 weeks prior to the start of the tour.
** During the climb you will share a tent with 1-2 other climbers, depending on the number of participants. If you need an individual tent, please, contact our manager. Single accommodation at sleeping huts on Marangu is impossible.
Tour price excludes (climbing):
- Airline tickets;
- Visa fee;
- Lunch and dinner at the hotel (before and after the ascent);
- Personal gear rentals;
- Tips for the mountain crew (200–250 USD per person);
- Mountaineering insurance.
Tour price includes (Safari):
- Pick-up at Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO);
- Transfer to a hotel in Arusha and back to airport;
- Accommodation before and after safari (double rooms, breakfast included);
- New SUV (2014-2015) Land Cruiser 4x4 with pop-up roof;
- Experienced English-speaking safari guide;
- 24/7 phone support;
- All park fees;
- All accommodation under your program;
- Three meals per day on safari;
- Bottled water and soft drinks throughout the tour;
- Thermos with hot tea/coffee;
- Medical kit;
- Binocular (1 per SUV);
- Wet wipes.
Tour price excludes (Safari):
- Air tickets;
- Visa fee;
- Lunch and dinner in hotel (only before and after safari);
- Tips to your safari guide ($30-50 per day per car).
Professional “First Responder” GuidesAll our guides are certified as “Wilderness First Responder” or “Wilderness First Aid” and have 7+ years of successful climbing experience.
and equipmentWe use only modern outfit and equipment from The North Face and Black Diamond in our Kilimanjaro expeditions. These brands were successfully tested in harsh Himalayan and Arctic environments.
connectionTo ensure 100% safety of our groups we use Iridium 9575 satellite phone with coverage at any point of Kilimanjaro.
fleetNew SUVs Land Cruisers (made in 2014-2016) equipped with refrigerators, chargers, comfortable seats, and GPS trackers.
hotels and lodgesAll night stops under our programs are in reliable lodges known for their high quality standards. Comfort and gratification of the guests are top priorities of all our hospitality partners.
Professional safari-guidesOur safari-guides know every nook and cranny of the National Parks. They will find the rarest animals the rarest animals, and you will make awesome photos!
OTHER GROUPS TO JOIN
Join the group
Kilimanjaro climb: Marangu route (6 days) | Safari: Tarangire, Lake Manyara and Ngorongoro (3 days)April 08 - April 18, 2017$2778 Discount 10%
Join the group
Kilimanjaro climb: Marangu route (6 days)April 17 - April 24, 2017$1728 Discount 5%
Join the group
Kilimanjaro climb: Lemosho route (6 days) | Safari: Tarangire and Ngorongoro (2 days)May 01 - May 10, 2017$2799 Discount 3%
Join the group
Kilimanjaro climb: Machame route (6 days)May 15 - May 22, 2017$1752 Discount 3%